For people living with Celiac Disease, you will be happy to know that the Canada Revenue Agency does allow a tax deduction for the purchase of gluten free products.
The Canada Revenue Agency has all the information needed on their website.
Here is a summary:
- The incremental cost of Gluten-free (GF) products is an eligible medical expense.
- Eligible products are generally marketed specifically to the gluten free diet
- The gluten free tax deduction is only eligible with a medical note with diagnosis of Celiac Disease
- A summary of each purchase of gluten free products must be kept
- A receipt for each purchase must be kept as well.
Click here to read more about the medical expense from the Canada Revenue Agency.
Click here to download a sample worksheet for the Celiac Expense.